All unsolicited submissions should be emailed to email@example.com with “Article Submission” as the subject line. For solicited pieces, please continue working directly with your designated editors.
Note: The majority of our authors have obtained a Ph.D. in their fields of expertise. However, we are also interested in publishing those with equivalent personal or professional exposure to an international issue, particularly in a policymaking or other direct, first-hand role. Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding author eligibility.
I. Print Edition (Accepted Every Fall/Spring)
– The Fall 2022 print edition’s theme is Stronger than the State? — The role of civil society discourse in changing global history through revolutions, boycotts, the arts, and other social movements. The first draft deadline is from March 8th to April 5th, 2022.
– Articles should be no more than 3,000 words in length and should be typed.
– All submissions must be original pieces and must not draw substantially from articles previously published.
– Articles must conform to the rules of the Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition.
– All supporting figures, graphs, or tables, if any, must be submitted in original .XLS or .PPT format with accompanying data. Note: .JPEG files will not be accepted.
– Citations must be in the form of endnotes that adhere to the Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition.
– Authors should provide complete contact information including their names as they would like them published, a brief biography for each author of a submission, addresses with zip codes, telephone numbers, facsimile numbers, and e-mail addresses.
II. Online Edition (Accepted on a Rolling Basis)
– The editorial board directly solicits articles from academics and practitioners, both from Georgetown University and worldwide.
– GJIA Online also accepts a limited number of unsolicited articles on a rolling basis. All submissions must follow these guidelines:
– Articles should be between 1200 and 1600 words in length
– Articles should, if possible, be formatted in Microsoft Word with 12-point font-size
– Authors should provide a concise abstract of 2- 3 sentences to summarize the article’s core argument(s). This abstract will be formated distinctively at the start of each piece.
– Citations should be hyperlinked within the text of the article (formal citations, including footnotes, are not recommended)
– Submissions should include (a) brief 2-3-sentence author biography
– Due to the high volume of submissions GJIA Online receives, we unfortunately cannot provide feedback on all articles. Only those whose submissions have been accepted for review and potential publication will be contacted. If you do not hear from us within ten days, please assume that your article will not be published.
– GJIA Online also features short interviews with scholars and practitioners in the Dialogues section. If you are interested in being interviewed, please contact us at email@example.com.